Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 not creating slot toolpaths

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CJCobalt60
157 Views, 2 Replies

Fusion 360 not creating slot toolpaths

Good evening and hello to all,

I am trying to have Fusion create simple slot toolpaths of the letter "F" for a 2mm wide slot, using a 2mm end mill. I have tried the Slot toolpath and I get "Error: Invalid contour(s)" followed by "Warning: No passes to link.". I have also tried 2D contour with ramp and 2D pocket as well, only getting partial toolpaths. The speeds and feeds are generic right now as I will change them to suite the material at the time of manufacture. Any help is greatly appreciated.  I am still green when it comes to Fusion, having used Mastercam for some time. Thank you for your time!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: CJCobalt60

@CJCobalt60 

Fusion doesn`t currently allow a tool the same size into a "Slot", accepted "workaround" as far as I am aware is to use the "Trace" toolpath, see image below and attached file.

Slot Failure-NEW.jpg

Alternatively you can use a smaller cutter and do Pocket or Contour 🙂

Message 3 of 3
CJCobalt60
in reply to: engineguy

Thank you for your time and help. I was unaware that Fusion would not mill a slot with a tool the same size as the slot. I made the tool cutting diameter .01MM smaller and was able to get it to work with a 2D pocket tool path like you suggested!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report