Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 lathe deep hole drilling without G83

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chrispyboy
286 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 lathe deep hole drilling without G83

Can anyone advise how to deep hole drill with full retraction without using G83 as my fanuc 0T does not have it built in.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
523Industries
in reply to: chrispyboy

What about duplicating G81 operations and just progressively moving the height down?

Example part/file attached, but as a MILLING operation as that's what I'm familiar with but the concept is the same.

Nick Santiago
Message 3 of 5
jason.hahn716

I have the same question. I used to use UG to do the program, it has a switch(option) when customize your own post processor to turn off those G functions which your machine interpreter may not support. Talking about Fusion 360, it looks no such option since all the post processing files include G83 to do the deep drilling.
Message 4 of 5
BrandonTBFBF

In the onCyclePoint function change your "deep drilling" case to this:

case "deep-drilling":
        expandCyclePoint(x, y, z);
      break;

Just make sure the feed mode (IPR or IPM) coincides with the output feedrate. It may output IPR feed mode but IPM feedrates. In which case the machine will highfeed into the material, breaking the drill.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I test the modified function, only thing is about missing the feedrate, so I add that in the function, now it looks pretty **** good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums