Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 G-Code Moving Too Slow

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ashton2AV59
164 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion 360 G-Code Moving Too Slow

Whenever I input the feed rate into Fusion, after I export it the machine moves much slower than the feed rate I actually specified.

Theres some files I've done in VCarve and they move the correct speed on the machine with the actual feed rate I set, but when I export with Fusion the machine moves way too slow.

It's on an Axiom machine.

Anyone have any idea why it would be moving so slow? I can't get a real feed rate without an insane amount of trial and error because the numbers mean nothing...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: ashton2AV59

Are you referring to the feedrate when it's cutting material, or when it's traversing from one cut to the next (where there's no engagement)

Can you share an NC file from Fusion as well as one from VCarve?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
ashton2AV59
in reply to: seth.madore

I don't have access to one of the VCarve ones but I could try to find one of the Fusion ones. The machine moves slower when cutting, even with the same feed rate inputted.

Message 4 of 8
seth.madore

I'm puzzled; in your initial post you mention that VCarve programs don't/didn't behave like this, but then you say you don't have those?

What post processor are you using in Fusion?

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 8
ashton2AV59

Here's a Fusion G-Code file.

Message 6 of 8
ashton2AV59

I used VCarve on a computer at my school with one of their USB's. I cross-referenced the parameters from my Fusion file on my personal laptop to the same parameters with the VCarve computer. I just wanted to try it out because Fusion seemed to not be working right, as in moving too slow, and VCarve seemed to move the actual speed that I was providing.

Message 7 of 8
ashton2AV59

Sorry, the post processor was RS-274D / rs274

Message 8 of 8
seth.madore

I'm betting that it's because the RS274 post isn't plugging in a decimal point after the feedrate.

I might actually point you in the direction of the Mach 3 post processor or just editing the RS274 post to suit your needs.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums