Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 2D CAM "Slot" Invalid Contour

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Sean3073
279 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion 2D CAM "Slot" Invalid Contour

I keep getting invalid contour error when attempting to do a 2D slot. I have tried reducing the tool to an 1/8, I have tried doing tool orientation, I have tried projecting a new contour line nothing works. See attached file, go to Setup 3, Slot 3. 

Thank you guys for your time in advance. Sean

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leo.castellon
in reply to: Sean3073

Try using 2D contour instead with the 1/8" end mill. You will have more control in sizing the slot with the that type of operation and with that sized end mill.

LeoC

Message 3 of 8
Sean3073
in reply to: leo.castellon

I don't think there is an option to laterally ramp down in contour, the only options is predrill, plunge helix. I am thinking this is a bug in fusion.

Message 4 of 8
leo.castellon

Not sure what you mean by bug. Check the attached file, speeds and feeds have not been adjusted. One slot is 2d contour with standard plunges and the other slot marked ramp is a ramp style of contour.

LeoC

Message 5 of 8
Sean3073

Ok, I feel silly, that works awesome. Thank you for showing me that. The "bug" I was referring to is how the slotting operation is just not working.

Message 6 of 8
leo.castellon

Even though that feature is called a slot, I never use "slot" personally because with the parts we make, aerospace, everything is tightly controlled dimensionally. The 2D contour toolpath gives me the control I need to meet our customer's requirements without a lot of fooling around.

LeoC

Message 7 of 8
Sean3073

What your saying makes sense. We also do AS9100D stuff, and the file I sent you is me taking some spare time with some drops and making a tool really quick. Thought I would use the 2D Slot option, then it made me mad and I spent an hour trying to figure it out. Then gave up and made this post. Thank you again for showing me that. 

Message 8 of 8
oleg.tikhomirov

Hi @Sean3073,

Thanks for feedback. I've created CAM-49033 to investigate the issue.

Oleg Tikhomirov
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report