Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funky 2D Contour behavior after copying from previous setup

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FrodoLoggins
112 Views, 1 Reply

Funky 2D Contour behavior after copying from previous setup

Ok so I have this 2D Contour in my first setup to cleanup the corners from a previous finishing pass:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.27.07 AM.png

After copying that operation to the next setup (part gets flipped) the toolpaths should look exactly the same (only without as many stepdowns as I only need 2 stepdowns to finish what's leftover from the first setup). However, the toolpath does not make a 90* angle as expected, they're just straight lines:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.27.40 AM.png

Now changing the contour selection's extension types from Distance to To Boundary does produce a favorable result in those corners, it also creates some extra toolpaths that don't actually mill anything:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.28.01 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-27 at 8.37.36 AM.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jaredSADUH
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

Hi.  I took a look at your file and the tool path in question.  What I found was to change your extension from "to boundary" to "distance".  I gave it an extension distance of .1 and got this result:

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.05.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.04.59 PM.png

Hope that helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report