Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full retract height

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmattson8WUR3
130 Views, 3 Replies

Full retract height

Is there a way to set your rectract and feed height to full?? I'm not worried about cycle time, as I'm more worried about running the tool into a hold down. Thanks in advance. FullRetract.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jmattson8WUR3

When you say "Full" do you mean the machines maximum height?

It looks like your retract height is well above the clamps anyway

Message 3 of 4
jmattson8WUR3
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Yep, the machines maximum would be great... just for piece of mind programming. Also the simulation does not show the dust collection shroud that the CNC has so it would be easier to just go max. I've got about 70 different profiles for these simple parts, different lengths and holes in different areas. Of course the material I was given is twisted, warped cupped and potato chipped in about 4 different ways. I would love to just use the vacuum table instead. 

Message 4 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jmattson8WUR3

I don't believe there is an easy way to force it to do a full retract, someone else may chime in with an answer though

You could probably modify the post processor to do it but that's a little beyond my skill level.

You will just have to give a large retract height for each toolpath.

A quick way of doing that is to select the toolpaths, right click and select compare and edit.

then you can bulk change the retract height value.

compare.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report