Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free boundary

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Bnuno608
147 Views, 5 Replies

free boundary

in manifacture especialy in 5 axis.

i need to create a boundary, free hand curve.

in powermill i create workplane aligh with view and then create a basic curve by hand and do paralell toolpath(example)

in fusion, how do i create workplane aligned with my view and then sketch the boundary? so i can use it in toolpath

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: Bnuno608

This is something we're actively working on developing, but it's still a longs way off. At present, you need to know beforehand what your orientation is going to be and create something in the Design space for reuse later in the MFG space

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
jonP7QA7
in reply to: seth.madore

I'm having the same issue. I can do this if I shut the model off so it doesn't snap to it. but then I can't see where it's going.is there a way to have sketch lines not snap to the model?

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: jonP7QA7

Could you provide some screenshots or a video of what you're running into and would like to avoid?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6
jonP7QA7
in reply to: seth.madore

never mind got it to work by holding control while selecting. then go back to manufacture with out moving the model view. edit toolpath your working on. select align to view in tool orientation. and select the freehand curve you created you have to not hold control when connecting the last point to the first point

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 6
Bnuno608
in reply to: Bnuno608

Going to try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report