Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finishing pass on fileted corner after 3D adaptive clearing?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
geoffrey.burtner
162 Views, 3 Replies

Finishing pass on fileted corner after 3D adaptive clearing?

I've got a part I cut on a CNC router that has a filleted corner at the bottom of the pocket. I'm using a 3D adaptive clearing to create the pocket using bullnose bit. Is there a way to create contour or other finishing toolpath using the same bit to do a finishing pass if I leave some stock on the adaptive clearing toolpath?

The attached picture shows the model. I've seen a few posts about not modeling fillets/chamfers and instead letting bit geometry accomplish it, but I use this model for other processes and if there's a way to create a toolpath rather than modifying the model, that'd be preferred.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Blend, Flow, Steep and Shallow, Scallop. All these would get you what you're looking for.

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

I use ramp or scallop with this sort of feature. Just select surface to Touch and top bottom are the lines of the rad.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the advice, a scallop toolpath got me where I needed to go! Haven't played around much with anything beyond clearing, pockets and contours...looks like I've got more toolpath fun to learn about.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report