Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finish pass on lathe run from outside

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
alexandrubudu
173 Views, 6 Replies

Finish pass on lathe run from outside

Hello, 

After an inside contour, the finish pass run from od to centrr. How can i inverse? 

Video attached

https://youtube.com/shorts/rGKTsBeaivk?feature=share

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: alexandrubudu

Can you share your file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
alexandrubudu
in reply to: seth.madore

after this, other problem is that the toolpath is crashing the tool. I think the tool is not suitable for the operation, but I can`t find a complete tool metric library for the lathe. 

thank you.

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: alexandrubudu

Couple of things;

1) On your Profile Finishing, set it to "Back to Front", this will allow it to start at the back and machine out.

2) For it crashing, that's because you've set your "Back" geometry constraint to "Model Back". Set it to "Selection" and select the back wall. Crashing goes away:

Snag_1266bb34.png

Lastly; our generic turning tool library is rather....anemic. Your best solution solution is to create the tools you're using as you need them, saving them to a new library (I prefer using the Cloud Libraries myself, as they are available regardless of what computer I'm logging into)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 7

Hi Man,

Couple of points.

First, changing to a fixed lead direction will already help out massively with crashing.

FixedLeadDirection.png

Secondly, it's probably good to change your clearance diameter/radius:

Clearance Diameter.png

And finally when you want run from inside to outside, or actually from the back to front. Find that setting here:

BacktoFront.png

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 7

thanks for the answer, is working fine now, but I hawe another question. On the threading cycle I have a collision, but I dont see where it is....can youhelp me please? and what is the solution?

Message 7 of 7

@alexandrubudu Simulate the entire setup and the collision will disappear. if you only simulate the threading operation the simulation won't know the material has been removed and will give you false collisions.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report