Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Size MASSIVE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TechrimStandards
393 Views, 6 Replies

File Size MASSIVE

I logged onto fusion this morning to run some small 5 in x 5in parts and now my file size is huge (1.5MB) for just a slot with a .25 stepdown going to 1 in depth. Why is this happening, is it on my end? It was working fine yesterday.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeff.pek
in reply to: TechrimStandards

Hi -

Which file are you referring to? Your .f3d file? Or your NC file? (I'd guess the latter).

Which post are you using? One of your own? Or one of the built-in ones?

Jeff

Message 3 of 7

Can you share the file?
File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the file.

Also, what post processor are you using?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 7
TechrimStandards
in reply to: jeff.pek

My NC file is too large. Most of my files range from 30-45kB but now some of them when I post the code are 500kB and my machine has limited memory storage. Its only certain parts, but its odd because I am using the same template for all models but some larger more detailed parts that I have machined have stayed within my file size range for my machine (0-65kB). I am trying to machine a small less detailed part than normal  and it is outputting ~200kB. Is there any suggestions?

Message 5 of 7

Can you export and share your file here?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file here

If it's an assembly file, dump it in a .zip file and attach that here

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 7
salesHMSTX
in reply to: seth.madore

Hello

I have the same problem

i was trying to email my customer but the file is almost 25MB

the dwg has only a few parts on it

please help how to prevent this or maybe how i can create dwgs that are not big in size.

AP

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: salesHMSTX

This is actually an entirely separate issue from what the original poster was talking about. Their issue was with file size of posted NC code, you're talking about a step file that's too large. Totally different things.

For emailing large files, I would just recommend a DropBox or OneDrive account/link.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums