Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFF Toolpath Generation Error after 25th July Major Release

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thomas.stock
433 Views, 7 Replies

FFF Toolpath Generation Error after 25th July Major Release

Hi All,

The 'Filament Diameter' setting from the FFF print settings, has been moved appropriately into the machine configuration. This was done as part of a clean-up on the print settings and improve the user-experience. Instead of having different print settings per filament diameter, we now simplify it to extruder drive type.

This change comes with the added benefit of allowing users to be able to specify a filament diameter per extruder if needed. Unfortunately, this means that users might find that all previous FFF setups and non-Fusion 360 Library FFF machines, show an error when the toolpath is generated.

Thankfully, there is a simple fix where users will need to manually update their ‘filament diameter’ setting in the machine configuration.

To help you do this, we have created a helpful video here - note, this will only need to be done once per setup or FFF machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKKoJevRXEc

If my answer has helped you, then please click "Accept Solution"
If not, feel free to reply back and tag me

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @thomas.stock Thomas,

thank you so much for your post. I was really wondering, what happened with my Fusion360.

I am using Fusing360 to prepare .ilt-Files for a LPBF system. I get the same/a similar error, as shown below:

Fehler: Unerwartete Probleme beim Erstellen der Fertigungsdatei.

Fehler: AtuToolpathGenerator::createBuildfile(): Werkzeugweg-Stream konnte nicht gefüllt werden

Fehler: AtuToolpathGenerator::exportToFile(): Javascript error [bdsp_export: failed to open file for writing.bdsp_export: failed to delete incomplete file.]

Obviously, I can not set a filament diameter. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Best regards

Moritz

Message 3 of 8

Hi @moritz_schaefleQNA7M ,

Hmmm this looks like a different issue, I shall look into this straight away for you and will get back to you shortly!

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Message 4 of 8

Hi moritz_schaefleQNA7M

I am looking especially at the error message "bdsp_export: failed to open file for writing.".
Does this happen all the time or only sometimes? Also on other computers?
Without more information, I would guess that the file is already in use by another application. Or the file path is somehow invalid. How does the file path look like? Please, could you try using a different file name and/or a different folder path? Let us know if anything changes then.

Best Regards

Jaan

Jaan Rudolph

Software Project Leader

Message 5 of 8
thomas.stock
in reply to: thomas.stock

I would like to do some testing to see if we can diagnose the issue - please could you attach you .f3d project here?

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Message 6 of 8

Hallo Moritz,

we had a lock at the issue today and it seems like this was indeed introduced with the latest Fusion update. We will fix the issue as soon as possible, but I think we have a quick workaround for you:

It looks like your name has an "ä" in it and on my system I was able to reproduce the issue whenever I wanted to save in a folder that contains an Umlaut or the file name itself contained an Umlaut. Is there any chance you are trying to save to a directory that has your name (and the ä) in it? If yes saving to a different directory that does not have it should resolve the problem for now.

PS: I would be interested in having a quick call about your usage of Fusion 360 and Aconity machines. If you are up for that please send me a direct email to Lukas.Fuhrmann@autodesk.com

I hope this helps,

Lukas 

Lukas Fuhrmann
Product Owner Additive Manufacturing
Message 7 of 8

Dear all,

thank you for your kind help! In the meantime, we also figured that folder paths and names seem to be the issue. For now, we were able to work around the problem as you described and hopefully the update provides a complete fix.

Best regards

Moritz

Message 8 of 8
thomas.stock
in reply to: thomas.stock

That's great to hear, let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report