Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed optimization jerky

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

Feed optimization jerky

Hello everyone,

here is my problem.

As you see in the video when the router comes to some corner it jerks.

What is the main problem?

I link also the settings.

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

As far as I can see in the picture and video you have activated Feed Optimalisation.

So this means that when the toolpath has some corners of the size you typed in the feed takes the value you have entered.

You also have entered a distance before the tool is at the position of the corner.

Keep in mind that there is a bug on Feed Optimalisation (internal reference CAM-22727)

See also documentation of the issue in attachment.

Hope this helps you further.

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 6
Collin_Korver

Feed optimization in fusion 360 is a joke and never works the way it is supposed to. 

Message 4 of 6
rhdfmail

The behavior described by @Marco.Takx is still existing, or maybe it has popped up again
It would be great if that little checkbox "only inner corners" did what it claims it does...

Message 5 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: rhdfmail

Hi @rhdfmail,

This issue is still there but I've regular contact with development and it's a matter of priority at the moment.

It's laying on the right desk so hopefully soon fixed 😉 

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 6 of 6
Matthew.Maring
in reply to: Marco.Takx

What happens if you turn Smoothing on and adjust the values for Smoothing and Tolerance?  Set Smoothing to .002 and Tolerance to .001

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report