Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features in Cam that where previously free now under machining exentions?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
to3dornottobe
310 Views, 10 Replies

Features in Cam that where previously free now under machining exentions?

I'm using several templates for my woodworking, and i've been using templates for years (nothing in a preview base, all previously standard available features) . All of a sudden a feature that i was using the most is now under 'machining extension'  

My workflow is compromised. I'm pretty upset, this is my work you're interfering with directly. Causing me to loose more time that previously needed. And now i need to pay more money to keep using these feature that where previously free? I hope this is a misunderstanding. 

Please help... 

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-07-31 om 16.00.40.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-07-31 om 16.00.36.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
seth.madore
in reply to: to3dornottobe

Hmm, 3D Contour is still available to every user. Are you on a Personal License?

What does it give you for a message?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11
seth.madore

Also, would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 11
seth.madore

I've received the file and am looking at it right now.

Yep, the 3D Contour toolpaths have 5-axis enabled, unsure why that would have happened. I'll set them to 3-axis and email you the file back. You'll have to resave your template though, unfortunately 

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 11

The issue is that these saved templates jumped to 5 axis, (some files used the same templates and still work fine) and you are not able to change it back to 3 axis. Tried it with edit/compare, but it doesn't work. Downloaded the f3dhsm-template, but it's not clear what determines the 3 and 5 axis, and the work axis shows 252 times in that template. How to revert the settings in the template back to 3 axis? (and more interestingly, why did it change, 5 axis was not part of a selected preview program. )

Message 6 of 11
to3dornottobe
in reply to: seth.madore

Awesome Seth! You can't change it back to 3 axis if you don't have the 5 axis add-on, right? 

Message 7 of 11
seth.madore

Correct. It shouldn't have been switched to 5 axis to begin with...

However, is it possible that you might have had Tool Orientation turned on? Not certain that would cause it though 🤔

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 11

Tool orientation might have been turned on for the 3d contour (the first 2 opps), but that is not part of the 5 axis program either. Not using an a or c axis or so, I never had the extension either.

You're a fulltime hero Seth. Thank you very much for your swift help.

Message 9 of 11
seth.madore

For anyone else encountering this, there are two options (until we fix the underlying issue):

1) Send the file to me and I can reset the 3/5 axis mode

2) Derive a new Contour toolpath, accept the warning about parameters being reset, and calculate.  

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 11

And in relation to this same template you have from me; Some of the opps are auto generating when i add the template. Not the intention, since i need to select contour first before they start to generate. (it takes a lot of CPU if they try to analyse the entire stock and there is no way to stop it) and it used to work fine untill Februari, support case 19812307, it's closed, but the issue is still present till today. 

Message 11 of 11
seth.madore

Interesting, I don't think we were aware of that behavior. Let me check in with the folks that know something about this.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report