Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanuc post processor, subprograms for pocketing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
harvardv
261 Views, 5 Replies

Fanuc post processor, subprograms for pocketing

Hi,

I have 500 pockets to machine that are all identical in size.  I need to generate a sub program for the pocket (circular movement) and then call it with M98 in the main program 500 times.  When i try to use the Fanuc generic post processor, it does not do this after i select the options for subroutines files, patterns etc.  I have the most updated version of the post processor as well (december 2022).    Is there any solution for this? 

Thanks

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AchimN
in reply to: harvardv

Hi Mike,

could you please share your Fusion project with the toolpathes you are talking about?
Thanks.

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 3 of 6
harvardv
in reply to: AchimN

Hello,

I do not have a certain project, it is for a future job.  Just imagine 500 pockets the same size in multiple rows.  Is there anyway to get the FANUC post processor to create a subprogram for the pocket.  

Message 4 of 6
AchimN

@harvardv 

Hmm that works for me with no problems using the Fanuc post.
I only enabled the property "use Subroutines" with the "Patterns" option:

AchimN_0-1673279945886.png

I´ve attached the sample part file for reference.

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant
Message 5 of 6
harvardv
in reply to: AchimN

thanks for this.  It says linear pattern for the 2d path?  Did you pick contour or pocket?  I do not "pattern" toolpath anywhere unless you renamed it?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
harvardv

What if its not linear or no pattern.  Imagine 500 pockets scattered?  How could this work then>?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums