Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FANUC 5 AXIS post

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
samuel.lopcab
907 Views, 10 Replies

FANUC 5 AXIS post

Hi,

I need a 5 axis psot for my 31i control. I use the deafult fanuc post in 3 axis no problem but I need it to output B and C axis for 5 axis work. I have a B axis with 0, -90 degrees and C axis continuos rotation. Could someone help me with the editing of the post? I can't make it work, although I tried what the autodesk tutorial says.

Any help? Please.

Thanks.

Samuel.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
engineguy
in reply to: samuel.lopcab

@samuel.lopcab 

Try the attached Post Processor and let us know how it works/not works for you 🙂

Message 3 of 11
samuel.lopcab
in reply to: engineguy

@engineguy 

Hi¡¡

thanks for the quick answer. It seemsto post the right code, but I only have one issue. When I tool change, I need the machine to move to a G28 X1000 before doing the tool change, because if I am using the trunnion, the tool carrousel can colide with my piece when it is in B0 C0.

Is that possible to be changed in the postprocessor? 

Thanks¡¡

Message 4 of 11
engineguy

@samuel.lopcab 

Is the code shown below something like what you need? If so then try out the attached Post Processor.

Fanuc 5x B+C.jpg

If the Post Processor is correct for your needs then be advised that you do not keep it in the "Installed Post Library" as it can be overwritten and the Edits will be lost, always use Post Processor from either your "Cloud" or "Personal/Local" Libraries, the latter being the best to use IMHO 🙂

Also keep a copy of the Post Processor in a Folder somewhere on your computer where it can be easily copied/pasted back into your Library.

On top of all that if you are not interested in any Automatic Post Processor and Machine updates then turn that option Off in your "Preferences" as well just to be sure 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 5 of 11

@engineguy I will try it, thanks¡¡

Message 6 of 11
samuel.lopcab

Hi again,

I have a new problem. I have changed a few things in the postprocessor, and almost everything is okay. the only problem is, although my machine goes in C axis from 0 to 360 degrees (cyclic, when it reaches 360 it starts again in 0), I have realized that it turns the other way around. If in fusion I turn 90 degrees, the machine turns the opposite way. Is there a solution in the postprocessor or am I doing something wrong?

I attach my current post with all the changes so far.

Thanks¡¡

Message 7 of 11
engineguy

@samuel.lopcab 

Maybe the changes in the attached Post Processor will help, see image below, I changed the C axis (0, 0, 1) rto (0, 0, -1) and the range from 0, 360 to -360,360 so it should just keep rotating and adding degrees, it may need to have the rewind changed but just try it for now.

fanuc kondia prueba Z500-MOD.jpg

Message 8 of 11
samuel.lopcab

Well, I have used this last posprocessor for a few practice jobs with my students. It works 99% of the time. There is however sometimes where it doesn't post anything, it yields an error, and I think I am doing everything correctly. I proceed to explain an example:

In the attached file (with the attached post) in the operation named PROBLEM, with tool T16, it isn't able to post anything, saying in the error tha **** should post B-266, when it is clear that it should post B94, not a negative number. Am I doing something wrong with the coordiante systems or is it a problem with the postprocessor?

I attach the files, hoping someone can help, thanks¡

Message 9 of 11
engineguy

@samuel.lopcab 

Looked at the Post Processor that you uploaded, it is set to Range 0, 90 so it is not able to go to B94 as that is outside the range set in the PP. The B-266 is the same position as the B94, means that the it is trying to go to the position by moving in the opposite direction. Again as there is no negative value greater than the 0 then it cannot move in that direction.

Either change the PP to allow more degrees or change the toolpath so it does not travel more than 90 degrees, best to change the toolpath if you only have 0~90 degrees of movement at the B Axis on the machine.

You need to look carefully at the specification of the B Axis at the machine and whatever it` limits are those are the values you must input in the B Axis configuration in the Post Processor, see image below for where to load those values.

B Axis configuration.jpg

Message 10 of 11

Thanks a lot¡¡ I have used this postprocessor without issues for a while.

Now, as I am a teacher in school, I want to try the machine simualtion. I have my machine drawn and configured in machine builder, but I need the post to be able to accept machine simulation, would it be possible? I tried the instructions in the web but I am not capable of doing it. 

Any help would be highly aprecciated.

P.S. I attach my final post in case you can help me.

Message 11 of 11

I'm having issues with posting simultaneous movement. My post works great for indexing but when trying to use simultaneous operations the X,Y movement is not matching up with A,C movement. Attached is the current post I'm using hope someone can solve this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report