Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to export surface for operation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
p.ferracin
378 Views, 3 Replies

Failed to export surface for operation

Hi, 

If I try to use a 'steep & shallow' strategy on Fusion I get this error: 

Error: Failed to export surface for operation 'Steep and Shallow9' to 'C:\Users\ferracin\AppData\Local\Temp\Fusion360CAM\1\operation14.xbsrf'.

It appears with any face. I tried to create a new setup. But then issue still appears. 

How can I avoid it? 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DanielMolloy
in reply to: p.ferracin

Hi @p.ferracin,

I suspect your issues are arising due to issues with the model. I thought the surfaces were creating the problem however even after deleting all of these and just leaving the solid I don't get over the error message, there was also strange behavior when using simple 2 toolpaths and I can see more weirdness when I use section analysis (see attached). I cant be certain that the model is creating the problem but it certainly looks that way.

Message 3 of 4
daniel_lyall

It would help if you post a model that you have done the setup and tool paths on.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
licensKKGSY

Old post but had the same error and figured I would rather share my solution here in case anyone else should search for solutions to the error, than starting a new post:

In my case, the body wasn't closed properly (it was originally a mesh converted to a solid), so converting the body to a mesh and then repair the non-closed mesh before finally converting it to a solid again did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums