Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extention update error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
prodHN6FZ
115 Views, 3 Replies

Extention update error

Hello

Fix this IMMEDIATELY!!! 

I've noticed a new "feature" in the geometry selection, when i extent geometry. This feature is apparently now something various cycles decide if they want to follow or not. This has caused collisions and made it necessary to sketch lines the tools are to follow instead. That update/change is utterly useless, why in the world would you update the CAM to something less usable in manufacturing?

Now i would just like to know who you guys think should pay for reprogramming several CAM programs that otherwise worked perfectly?

Very angry regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: prodHN6FZ

Can you provide examples of where it's failing? (it's known(and being worked on) that Wrap contour does not obey extension values)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
prodHN6FZ
in reply to: seth.madore

Sure

I'll provide two pictures to clarify, in these particular pictures it was a 2D Trace cycle that messed up. Before, the start and end had extended start (0,5) and stop(2,0), to be able to adjust the off-angle chamfer at the machine to visually look okay. Please note that this is the 3rd time since the update, that this new "feature" has caused severe problems and it hasn't been limited to 2D Trace

Why not just rollback the update since it obviously wasn't properly tested before release, then fix these issues before re-releasing? We have started to rely on Fusion as our CAM software and incorporating it in everyday use, issues like this isn't something professional machineshops want to deal with

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: prodHN6FZ

Correct; Trace also does not obey the defined extension values. We have tickets open on that as well and are working on a fix.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report