Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export colour, flexibility and texture to .3mf for 3D printing on Stratasys J750 polyjet

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ph!l
806 Views, 6 Replies

Export colour, flexibility and texture to .3mf for 3D printing on Stratasys J750 polyjet

Could someone outline the process to do this please? Is it possible using and education license of Fusion?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
thomas.stock
in reply to: Ph!l

Hi @Ph!l ,

Sorry no one has answered your question!

It is possible, but the "export as .3mf" option is only accessible through the manufacturing workspace, having created an additive setup - see attached imaged

3mf.png

I recommend an FFF setup to do this. If unsure how to create one, please follow the following video (you only need to watch until 00:59):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf2RTgoI5L8&ab_channel=AutodeskFusion360

After that, you will see you "export as .3mf" option available under the 'Actions' tab in the ribbon (indicated by the red "2" drawn in the attached image).

Let me know if you have any issues

If my answer has helped you, then please click "Accept Solution"
If not, feel free to reply back and tag me

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Message 3 of 7
thomas.stock

Hi @Ph!l ,

Unfortunately I have some bad news..

At the moment we do not support the export of parts with textures or colours, even via the "export as 3mf" option detailed above.

Apologies for this.

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Message 4 of 7
Sualp.Ozel

You can do this using Fusion + Autodesk Netfabb Premium 

They are both available to EDU users. 

Message 5 of 7
Sualp.Ozel

And here is a video on how to do this.

Message 6 of 7
tallman5
in reply to: thomas.stock

@thomas.stock - If I go to Design workspace -> right click a component -> Save as Mesh -> Choose 3MF file format, the 3MF does have the material color info. If I go to Manufacture -> (with full setup) -> Actions -> 3MF Scene Export, the 3MF does not have the material color info (all models are gray).

Is this behavior correct? If so, any plans to add colors to the Manufacture export?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
thomas.stock

Hi @tallman5 ,

Yes this is the correct behaviour. Exporting a 3MF from the manufacture workspace with colour is something we are looking into.

Thanks,

Tom
Fusion 360 Additive Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report