Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit path slope into stock

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Arbitur95
388 Views, 5 Replies

Exit path slope into stock

I have a simple cylinder part, my only operation is to make the stock a set dimension as defined by my part.

Cutting path is from front to back.

My issue is as seen in the picture below, at the end the path just stops making the end wall thicker and thicker for each pass making my machine get stuck once that wall gets too thick (too much material in contact with the side of the tool at once).

How can I add an exit slope as drawn by the straight line?

Screenshot 2020-10-17 203004.png

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Arbitur95

Hi @Arbitur95,

I’m not behind my laptop but if your toolpath doesn’t like to exit as you want, draw your wish in a sketch and add that as model geometry.

Otherwise upload your model so one of us can take a look at it. 

Within Fusion 360, choose File > Export and save it on your desktop.
After that upload it to this topic. 

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 6
Arbitur95
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Your suggestion is kind of a hack, since there are already a setting for clearance angle (which as of now only works within the part e.g. in a groove) I would assume stock was considered as well, no?

Message 4 of 6
akash.kamoolkar

@Arbitur95 

Can you attach your part here so we can take a look at it?

Thanks,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 5 of 6
Arbitur95
in reply to: akash.kamoolkar

Its just a simple cylinder but here ya go.

Message 6 of 6
akash.kamoolkar

@Arbitur95 

Thanks for the file. We do have a project on our roadmap that will take into account a tool starting or ending the toolpath inside the stock material and doing the appropriate calculations to make sure it either ramps safely in or out, depending on the insert and clearance angles to maintain safe engagement of the insert with the material. Unfortunately theres no ETA on this at this point. For now, as a workaround you can override the model with a sketch and add the exit ramp to it as suggested earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report