Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Setup Sheet: "Error: Post uses deprecated XML extension and need to be updated"

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
516 Views, 16 Replies

Excel Setup Sheet: "Error: Post uses deprecated XML extension and need to be updated"

Setup sheet post worked yesterday, got this error message today. A Google search didnt return anything that looked helpful. No computer software updates that I know of. 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
seth.madore
in reply to: jonathanBUCVS

Interesting. Is this the stock Excel Setup Sheet and post processor, or one of your own modifications?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
in reply to: seth.madore

I have modified it, but not recently
Message 4 of 17

Any insight deciphering this error would be helpful, as I am not quite sure what the error message is trying to convey. Ive attached the post and excel document. 

This is the first time I have received this message.

Message 5 of 17
Bnuno608

Had same problem today

Message 6 of 17

Some update on our end: The latest Fusion update seems to be responsible for this error in some way, as our other seat of Fusion was updated at a different time, and did not have the setup sheet error before, but did have the error after the update. 

Still looking for assistance from Autodesk. 

Message 7 of 17
seth.madore

Sorry for the delay in response; most Autodesk post developers were on Easter holiday break, so answers were hard to come by.

Apparently, we did find an issue in the new Setup Sheet post as well as the post kernel, so we've reverted those changes and you will see correct behavior in the next update. As a temporary measure, you can download the previous version of the Setup Sheet post processor and see if this fixes your issue.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 8 of 17
Don.Cyr

Have you tried toggling the "Use upgraded Post Engine" on/off? I think this gets enabled automatically with an update..

DonCyr_0-1711978918060.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if I helped with your question or issue.
Message 9 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
in reply to: Don.Cyr

That solved it. Thank you.
When the new update gets pushed, Ill check to see if that option is toggled on and see how it behaves.

Any exciting new post options coming with the upgrade, or is that just behind the scenes stuff?
Message 10 of 17
Don.Cyr

I forgot to attach my modified post that works with that option box checked.. I will do that and include my excel template you can look at too. I don't have any info on updates, or what else that box may affect.. maybe @seth.madore may have some insight?

Message 11 of 17

The latest Fusion update did not solve this issue. Still need to keep "Use Upgraded Post Engine" unchecked. 

Message 12 of 17
Don.Cyr

Did you download the latest Autodesk post? Or have you tried mine that I attached here?

Message 13 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
in reply to: Don.Cyr

I did look at your post file, there were several differences in the functions that handle the XML for Excel. Since Seth had said that an error was found in the post kernel and would be fixed, my plan is to wait for that fix instead of re-writing my current post. 

Message 14 of 17
Ethibaudeau

We were discussing this in the HSM forum as well. There are attachments here with updated posts:
Error: "Post uses deprecated XML extension" after F360 update v.2.0.18719 

Message 15 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
in reply to: Ethibaudeau

Interesting. Based on  Viacheslav's reply there will not be a fix coming. Looks like Ill have to fit some time into my schedule to download the latest Excel post and re-apply my modifications to it. 

Message 16 of 17
Ethibaudeau

I ported the changes over on a second post that I have for a different machine, it wasn't terrible. For the most part it was copying and overwriting whole functions, then adding the excel helper functions that were new. A text editor that performs comparisons between two files is really helpful.

Message 17 of 17
jonathanBUCVS
in reply to: Ethibaudeau

The code comparison in Visual Studio Code is decent enough. Just something to gripe about.  It'll be a good excuse to clean things up. Thanks for showing me that thread tho, I would have been waiting for a fix that never came. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report