Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: TURNING PROFILE IS SPLIT INTO 2 OR MORE CLOSED PARTS

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LMCHuxley
2001 Views, 2 Replies

ERROR: TURNING PROFILE IS SPLIT INTO 2 OR MORE CLOSED PARTS

Hello Fusion Cam users,

So this has been a tricky one. The part I am trying to turn has some model issues, I'm guessing. I have tried patching it with no success. If anyone can please help it would be much appreciated.

THE PROBLEM: When making a toolpath for roughing the OD of my part I get an ERROR MSG: "Turning profile is split into two or more closed parts". I thought this was the two holes on the flange of the part messing with the profile. So I patched the holes with surfaces. This didn't work. So then I turned on spun profile.

I have attached the part file.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: LMCHuxley

It looks like you forgot to turn on spun profile for the second setup. If you still have a problem save the file and close then reopen, sometimes ops just stop working and closeing and reopening gets it working again.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
LMCHuxley
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hughes Tooling,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

You were right. As soon as I put on spun profile, saved and re-opened it the problem was fixed.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report