Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during adding vendor tool holder model into tool library.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Sam_Johnson_
310 Views, 4 Replies

Error during adding vendor tool holder model into tool library.

I wanted to take the solid model from Shars website of both the ER16 and ER25 CAT40 tool holders I just purchased for my mill. I downloaded the .py file from NYC CNCs website, then added the file to the script. After orienting the model into the proper orientation and running the script. I get the attached error message. I do all my CAD/CAM work on a new 2021 MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. Any and all help one this is appreciated as I would LOVE to have a workflow during programming that included the actual work holders I am using on the mill. Thank you all! Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.49.20 AM.png

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@Sam_Johnson_ I have managed to complete this successfully with the 'Shars' tools you identified in the thread using a Windows PC. So not sure if it is a incompatibility issue with the Mac? 

@GeorgeRoberts are there any platform restrictions with this script? Do you know why it throws up an error?

Thanks

Christopher Cooper
Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 5

So, I wonder if I could apply the tool holders and everything on a PC, save the tool in my cloud tool library? Then with the tool saved I should be able to have access to the tool on any device correct? I'm not sure if that is the correct way of thinking, but possibly a solution? I'll give it a try and report back! 

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for posting. This error looks like an issue with the TK library I was using to show a 'save as' dialog... Please can you change this block of code (in the scripts .PY file):

root = tk.Tk()
    root.withdraw()    
    filename = filedialog.asksaveasfilename()
    if filename:
        with open(filename, 'w') as f:
            json.dump(jsonOut, f)

to this:

fileDlg = ui.createFileDialog()
    fileDlg.title = 'Fusion Save File Dialog'
    dlgResult = fileDlg.showSave()
    if dlgResult == adsk.core.DialogResults.DialogOK:
        filename = fileDlg.filename + '.json'
    else:
        return
    if filename:
        with open(filename, 'w') as f:
            json.dump(jsonOut, f)

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 5 of 5

@GeorgeRoberts  YES YES YES! Thank you very much! This worked perfectly! I'm up and running now. Thank you so so much for your help on this! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report