Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering factional inch tool dimensions converted incorrectly to metric

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jerry.jose
157 Views, 4 Replies

Entering factional inch tool dimensions converted incorrectly to metric

Bug: When adding or modifying tools while in "inch" unit format, inserting in fractional values to the tool seems to mistakenly convert the value to metric. So a 7/64" tool is changed to a .0043" tool. 

Only indication something is wrong on this screen is the previewOnly indication something is wrong on this screen is the previewClicking on the dimension in question shows the correct unit and fractionClicking on the dimension in question shows the correct unit and fractionThe tool library shows the altered dimensionThe tool library shows the altered dimension

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: jerry.jose

Hmm. I just tested this on my end, and it's working as expected:

2023-02-13_18h07_29.png

2023-02-13_18h07_40.png

Are you up-to-date on Fusion?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
jerry.jose
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes, I am on Fusion 360 2.0.15299 x86_64. I entered in a decimal value and then a fractional value. the preview did not change, but when I hit enter, the preview in the Tool Library updated to show the metric size tool. In this instance, the tool library is also showing the previous "inch" diameter value.

4.png

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Would you be able to capture your steps in a screen recording, by chance?

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 5
seth.madore

Are you using the Insider Program version of Fusion? There's a Preview Flag that controls this, and it's expected behavior

2023-02-14_04h55_53.png

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report