Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engrave Single Line Not Around

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alan
171 Views, 5 Replies

Engrave Single Line Not Around

Hello,

I am trying to engrave some text.  The path goes around the number.  I would like the path to be a single line in the shape of the number or letter.  The part is attached.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
marcus.toepke
in reply to: alan

Use a single line font like this:

marcustoepke_1-1706963012074.png

Scrool to choose a fornt to the top and choose one of this sigle line fonts

For the engraving operation use the Operation (see picture) in english it is named Trace

marcustoepke_0-1706962973668.png

this way you get a nice engraving

Message 3 of 6
alan

Thank you for your reply.  The path still goes around the number.

Message 4 of 6
engineguy

@alan 

You need to go into Design mode and create Single Line Font as advised by @marcus.toepke, see attached file, go to Design mode and look at the History and you will see where the Single Line Font was created, see images below and run the attached file, this may be what you are looking to try and do.

Single Line FontSingle Line FontSingle Line Font ToolpathSingle Line Font ToolpathSimulation of Single Line FontSimulation of Single Line Font

Message 5 of 6
jcournoyer2

I would suggest you use TRACE instead of ENGRAVE. It works with single line font.  You will notice that the fonts available are listed into 2 sections and the sections are divided by a horizontal line. The fonts listed above the line are for tracing and the fonts below are for engraving

Message 6 of 6
engineguy
in reply to: engineguy

@alan 

P.S.  Think you are a little confused regarding the difference between Engrave and Trace, to do what you want is to do a simple Trace of a shape, be it a letter/number/2D Shape not Engraving which is for cutting shapes with 3D sharp corners usually modelled in the part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums