Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty toolpath on adaptive clearing in slots after update

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
genxmachining.mill
366 Views, 4 Replies

Empty toolpath on adaptive clearing in slots after update

I am having an issue with an empty toolpath on an operation ever since the latest update. Currently the toolpath is valid without errors or warnings. I can even duplicate the toolpath without issue. I have run this program and toolpath over 100 times before. The problem arises when I try to regenerate the toolpath without changing anything. It will tell me the toolpath is empty with no explanation and it does not post the code.

I am cutting a 3/4" wide slot with a 5/8" diameter endmill. I already have my optimal load, minimum cutting diameter, and lead in/out settings small enough to accommodate this because it has run before many times. I've even changed them all to 0.001" and it still gives me an empty toolpath.

Can anyone shed some insight into this problem or suggest workarounds?

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Could you export and share your file?
File > Export > save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 5

Awesome, thank you very much for your help! Any reason why the toolpath generation is different now? Is it because of an update?

Message 5 of 5

Possibly? But, to be honest, I'm surprised it worked to begin with in your selections. One of Fusion CAM's biggest mistakes (imo) was hiding that ALT select option and how to build onto chains for proper contour selections.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report