Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Tool, Cutting Data, Notes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JonSchaeffer
210 Views, 8 Replies

Edit Tool, Cutting Data, Notes

I would love to see inside the area where we build our tools to have a built in Novo feeds n speeds calculator area, kinda like I created with this image. 

Or at bare minimum turn this blank area into a place for speeds n feeds and cutting ranges.

Can this be an update please? 

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 4.17.54 PM.png

www.genesisprecisionaz.com
info@genesisprecisionaz.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

that's what the stepdown and stepover settings are. 

If you really need it saved, consider using a template of that operation. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 9
JonSchaeffer
in reply to: JonSchaeffer

You are not understanding what I am as suggesting. Maybe my image gave the wrong impression.

We spend a considerable amount of time looking up specific inserts speeds n feeds for various materials. I just had the idea to have the ability to capture that info we are gathering from a web site like Novo. And enter it at the tool data area and having that info keeps all the data right at the Fusion 360 level. 

Message 4 of 9

and maybe you dont understand me, but theres no info on your screenshot that can't be stored in the library. Enable the stepover (radial) and stepdown (axial) and enter your depth of cuts and width of cuts in there. 

Message 5 of 9
JonSchaeffer

Ok,  I'll play. So how do you capture the range the tool is designed to do? For instance 

I understand I can input 1 set of values. I am looking to capture what the tool can and can't do. the above image says 3 details. What they recommend to start at. What the minimum range is and the maximum range. Can you show me a screen shot that captures that?

Message 6 of 9

The idea is you'd use it once on a the machine, find out how aggressive you can run it and then save those values. Some machines may only handle 0.001 cpt while another could do .005

Message 7 of 9
seth.madore

To my knowledge, there is absolutely nothing in the tool library that permits what you're looking for. All we support are static speeds and feeds and preset storage.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 8 of 9
JonSchaeffer

This is an idea I am suggesting. There used to be an idea station to make suggestions in. Not sure if it went away or not but it did not show up in my search so I pam posting this in the MFG area. 

Message 9 of 9
seth.madore

Several years ago, we did have an "IdeaStation" of sorts, and it did its job well. However, as the product matured and the list of defined work continued to grow, the decision was made to retire the IdeaStation and focus on our very long list of work. From time to time we do pull ideas from the community and see how they would fit into the overall product. One metric we use is frequency of request. If something has come up many times from multiple users, it's likely a candidate.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums