Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Set Up won't recognize Rest Machining of Previous Set Up...

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jonpippenger
284 Views, 9 Replies

Duplicate Set Up won't recognize Rest Machining of Previous Set Up...

I'm running Fusion 2.0.18477 on a Apple M1 Max with Sonoma 14.2.1. I am Duplicating a set up to run some clean up passes but when I go to change stock in duplicated set up to "from preceding set up" and "continue rest machining" I am getting the "cannot verify that stock is being transferred from the preceding set up..." message despite the face that EVERYTHING is a duplicate. Despite this I have checked and triple checked to make sure that I am using the same models. Getting the same message every time.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: jonpippenger

If you have different models selected in your Setup, this is going to cause that warning to appear.

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
jonpippenger
in reply to: seth.madore

I probably shouldn't. Working under a strict NDA. I will see if I can recreate the issue without sharing any confidential info but I am telling you that I checked multiple times and tried to ensure that I was only duplicating the set up and only changing stock parameters.

Message 4 of 10
seth.madore

Would you be able to share your Fusion file privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, and email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com
Please reference this thread so I understand the context 🙂

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 10
jonpippenger

Yes... I would prefer that.

Message 6 of 10
seth.madore

It's because you have multiple bodies defined in your Setup(s). Fusion doesn't like that, it's expecting one body in each Setup. We can get around that by turning the bodies into one Component and then selecting that Component in our Setup. With that method, we could have 100 bodies being machined and it would carry thru to the next Setup without complaint. Sent you an email showing you better details on that.

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 10
jonpippenger

Ah! I see! Thank you for the work around!

Message 8 of 10
seth.madore

I sent you an email, but it got bounced back, likely due to the file size of the video. I just made it a link and sent it again, hasn't bounced back yet...

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 10
jonpippenger

Yes! I got it and thank you again for your time.

Message 10 of 10
seth.madore

Quite welcome, glad we could get you sorted out!

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums