Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Cycle Circular Pocket Milling No Plunging Feed Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
haveoneforme
235 Views, 5 Replies

Drill Cycle Circular Pocket Milling No Plunging Feed Error

Fusion 360  output code is now alarming out in the CNC machine control when the Drill Cycle "Circular Pocket Milling" option is selected, using a Heidenhain Control.

The problem is the drill cycle is no longer giving an option to assign a plunge feed.

When the code is posted the control alarms out when the plunge feed defaults to zero

See below

Fusion Circular Pocket Screenshot.pngOutput code.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: haveoneforme

Hmm. Which post are you using? I just quickly tested with the Heidenhain 426 and am getting this:

9 * - Drill1
10 M5
11 TOOL CALL 1 Z S14500
12 L M140 MB MAX
13 M3
14 L X+6 Y+18.3333 R0 FMAX
15 L Z+0.84 R0 FMAX
16 CYCL DEF 32.0 TOLERANCE
17 CYCL DEF 32.1
18 CYCL DEF 208 BORE MILLING ~
  Q200=+0.1 ;SET-UP CLEARANCE ~
  Q201=-0.74 ;DEPTH ~
  Q206=400 ;FEED RATE FOR PLUNGING ~
  Q334=+0.04 ;INFEED DEPTH ~
  Q203=+0.74 ;SURFACE COORDINATE ~
  Q204=+0.1 ;2ND SET-UP CLEARANCE ~
  Q335=+1 ;NOMINAL DIAMETER ~
  Q342=+0.5 ;ROUGHING DIAMETER
19 L FMAX M99

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
haveoneforme

Hi Seth

Our post is about 7 months old, I've attached it, we just change a few coolant codes and renamed it to suit the machine.

I used this cycle only last week before the last update and it allowed me to assign a plunge feed. When I now go back to the same file there is no option to assign a feed for plunging.

haveoneforme_0-1675889080733.png

I did a fresh install of Fusion this week so that shouldn't be the issue. We have also used this post for the last 7 months so I can't see that being the issue. It's just Fusion isn't showing the plunge feed option for me if I select "Circular Milling" in Drilling

Can you send me a screenshot of your feed setting page for the sample code you sent? I want to see where you set the plunge feed.

Maybe I am missing the obvious.

Message 4 of 6
haveoneforme

I've just uploaded a part of program that we posted before the last update and it shows the plunge feed at 350mm/min.

I have then reposted the code in Fusion after the update, with exactly the same settings and the feed is defaulted to 0mm/min with no option in Fusion to change it.

haveoneforme_0-1676016012324.png

Message 5 of 6
andytpks

I'm enter for write a new post about this issue with the last update... i use a lot of time this Circular Pocket Milling, and Parametric Feed. 

Same issues of the other guy... later the last update. I hope in a resolution...!!!

I don't think is a problem of the post processor, is like fusion don't accept Parametric Feed with this process. 

I use Okuma post for milling, but the same issues with other post processor i use.

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

Okay, I've done some investigation, and this is a known bug that was introduced in the Drilling toolpath. We've got a ticket open for this, CAM-42648

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums