Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doosan mill turn post

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
b.haygood
195 Views, 1 Reply

Doosan mill turn post

Anyone know how to change which axis moves to position first on a cnc lathe. I am posting for a Doosan Puma V400M vertical cnc lathe. I am using a Doosan mill turn post. My programs position z before x. I need to position x then z . Any help would be greatly appreciated. need the x before the z moveneed the x before the z move

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @b.haygood 

Edit the post and look for the following codes

} else if ((gotBAxis && activeTurret != 2) && (abc.y != 0)) {
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), xOutput.format(initialPosition.x), yOutput.format(initialPosition.y), zOutput.format(initialPosition.z));
    } else {
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), zOutput.format(initialPosition.z)); //<<< move this line below
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), xOutput.format(initialPosition.x), yOutput.format(initialPosition.y));
    }
  } else if ((machineState.useXZCMode || machineState.usePolarMode) && yAxisWasEnabled) {

And switch the line to below like attached codes here

} else {
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), xOutput.format(initialPosition.x), yOutput.format(initialPosition.y));
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(0), zOutput.format(initialPosition.z));
    }
  } else if ((machineState.useXZCMode || machineState.usePolarMode) && yAxisWasEnabled) {

save and test it

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report