Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMU eVo 70

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
523 Views, 6 Replies

DMU eVo 70

Hello,

I am trying to develop a post for my vericut setup and cnc, however it exports instead of C-90 and B-180 as i would expect

it does SPA+90 SPB+0 SPC+90, this i assume would not be an issue on the real machine due to the hiedenhain kinematics, i hope, its a hei530 from 2005.

But in the simulation it overtravels the B axis the wrong way and goes to + instead of -, and my C axis does not go the right way and it mirrors what it has milled on the other side, as there is no direction that its telling the sim.

I have tried everything i know, (im coming from 3 axis) i would appreciated any help available.

I have posted my post processor that i attempted to edit to get it to work, same result unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
boopathi.sivakumar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

I think if you use default setting it outputs 3+2 toolpath in plane spatial like below

PLANE SPATIAL SPA+0 SPB-30 SPC+0 TURN FMAX SEQ-

The problem with this one is it uses Euler angle and also you are telling to tilt in the negative direction by using TURN FMAX SEQ- this triggers the machine to tilt in always negative direction.

you can change the prefer tilt property to either while post processing

Tikt.png

Hope it helps, Also you can try changing the tilted workplane to use cycle19 if this doesn't work

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: boopathi.sivakumar

Hello,

Thank you for these, i am going to try, however the DMU only tilts in the B + Direction 180 degrees.

I will report back to you,

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hello, 

It outputs the code great, but the same result in my sim, however its like the xyz are following the b and c rotation meaning it cuts in the same place each time, any ideas?

see attached gif: https://gyazo.com/cb3a57efff636c7017e32df17c911cf5

And this image signifying where the cutter when, when it should be going in a circular pattern around the diameter.

avolkanoski_0-1616538066977.png

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hello,

I have not got this working yet, please can somebody help.

Best regards,

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

yrs

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Sometimes i genuinely think i am retarded, its because i was using plane spatial as opposed to rotary angels which is GOOD, hiedenhanie conv : DD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report