Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

divot conundrum

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ToolFool360
160 Views, 4 Replies

divot conundrum

Howdy, hope all is well. I am trying to figure out what I'm missing to make a toolpath to create these small divots in a kitchen knife. If you find the first sweep you will see I tried a weird cham profile. figured that was impossible to do seeing as how the smallest cham mill I have is 1/8. moved into a more "standard" profile where I revolved the tool diameter over an axis to create these divots. my initial thoughts were a spiral tool path but received empty toolpaths. fooled around with a few other paths to no avail. Seems like a fun little brain twister for all you advanced folks on here. 

part link 

https://a360.co/43eraZ9

knife v3 v26.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: ToolFool360

Hi

I sketched a circle segment to Drive a trace toolpath for the first instance and used a 1/8" ball nose

Then Put the toolpath into a duplication Pattern, and used a projected sketch to define the source and target points.

Looks like it should work pretty well

See attached file

Message 3 of 5
a.laasW8M6T

Actually, Here's a better one that uses the Project toolpath, this one is better as it doesn't overcut the part like trace does.

Message 4 of 5
ToolFool360
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Whoa, I thought the project tool path was just for text... How long have you been using Fusion? You excel at this stuff, that would've taken me a few days to figure out if it wasn't for you. If you have a second to just look, would you have created a different tool path for the main profile of the edge bevel? or just stick with the 3d adaptive. Thank you for the solution!

Message 5 of 5
a.laasW8M6T

Hi

I have been using Fusion for 5-6 years

See video for some more toolpath suggestions

I have attached the file too

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report