Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Space and Manufacturing space Axis agreement

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
faeluke
110 Views, 4 Replies

Design Space and Manufacturing space Axis agreement

I have an issue with my machine orientation when posting to my Shopsabre WINCNC machine. I do not have this issue when posting to my Carbide 3D machine. In the picture below, you can see the x-axis and the y-axis rotated 90 degrees around the z-axis when compared to the navigation cube. What setting do I need to change to orient the machine correctly? 

faeluke_0-1694722545637.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: faeluke

Why do you need to do that? You can just change the alignment of the part in the Setup.

If it's a visual thing you're after, you'd have to edit the Machine configuration file (using Machine Builder) and rotate your machine components around the Z axis.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
faeluke
in reply to: seth.madore

The simple answer is time. I may put a dozen panels on my machine a day. I am using fusion to simplify and streamline my process. I may put a dozen panels on my machine a day. When I enter the manufacturing space, I need to select the x-axis and the y-axis when I enter the manufacturing space. If my drawing is always at 0, 0, 0 aligned with the x and y axis, it seems reasonable that I should be able to have these entries in my setup, 

faeluke_1-1694780786032.png

versus

faeluke_0-1694780718801.png

If I need to edit the design for any reason, I will need to reselect the X and y axis. 

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Then you're going to have to edit your Machine Configuration (in the Machine Builder) to reorient your machine to the preferred alignment.

One observation though; you mentioned that it's rotated 90 degrees from the navigation cube. It's not though, is it?

2023-09-15_09h08_04.png

Could you share a sample file where this misalignment is better shown?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
faeluke

You are correct, the board that I am going to machine has been rotated by MapBoards Pro.

After looking at the documentation on Machine builder,  it is not clear as to how to rotate the machine orientation.

The physical machine is rotated 90 degrees with respect to the cube. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report