Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Lollipop Tool

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BillGEGHV
135 Views, 3 Replies

Defining Lollipop Tool

Trying to define a lollypop tool and Im not getting a full sphere, why?  Shouldn’t it be a full sphere IF you select Lollypop? Here are my settings. 

Tool Library 2023-08-01 14.12.03.jpg

Tool Library 2023-08-01 14.12.15.jpg

  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: BillGEGHV

Define it like this:

2023-08-01_17h33_55.png

2023-08-01_17h34_08.png

On your Cutter tab, your shaft should be set to the relieved diameter of the tool, and then we use the Shaft section to build it back out again.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
BillGEGHV
in reply to: seth.madore

Ok I got it, Thank you it would be really nice if there is a video or docs for defining a lollypop tool like this. The UI for tool definitions like this is more or less intuitive BUT I just could not figure out the ball end out. What I get from this is tool definition starts at the tip and you must work your way up the tool, VS how I approach it from the shaft down. Any insight would be nice.  

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: BillGEGHV

Yep, you've got it right. Define the cutting portion and then the relieved port. Use "Shaft" definitions to build out the rest.

This same workflow applies to any tool that has a relieved section; Chamfer, Slot Mill, Dovetail, etc.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report