Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDCSv3.1 Manual NC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
maxfrancey
91 Views, 3 Replies

DDCSv3.1 Manual NC

I want to use a Manual NC (stop) to allow me to change the tool on my mill, but when I post process the setup, I get the following screen:

maxfrancey_0-1704556772984.png

If I click on Yes, the G code posts, but when I run the machine it doesn't stop for a tool change. To get buy, I have forced a pause by manually editing the G code, but that's a bit of a faff. I have a paid subscription for Fusion360, so I should be able to do this automatically as far as I understand. I'm using the Digital Dream DDCS v3.1 offline controller.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: maxfrancey

I could not find your Post Processor in the Autodesk Database by your description but I can show you what I do using mine.  In the Post Processor dialog box, I select to Split the NC Program by tool.  This will post an NC Program for each tool which allows me to change tools between them.  I have three tools in this operation so it post the main file which refers to the three individual program files, shown below.

Post Processor Options.jpg

NC Program by Tool.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore

It sounds to me like you are using the same tool number for multiple tools, as the result would be as you describe. Can you look in your document tool library and see if this is actually the case?
If it's not the case, would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Also, if you could share the post processor being used, that would be also quite helpful!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
max.francey

Thanks for your helpful replies John and Seth.

No, there seems not to be a post processor specific to the DDCS v3.1 in the Autodesk database. I am using one I obtained from Brainrights website, and can be found at this link https://brainright.com/cnccontroller/. His post is intended for the DDCS V1.1, but I have been using it for a couple of years now and it works well. I can't find the Post Properties section of this post processor. 

I checked my tool library, and the tools are all individually numbered.

I have attached the file, and the post processor below

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report