Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylindrical Face Not in Tool Orientation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MarkDGaal
129 Views, 3 Replies

Cylindrical Face Not in Tool Orientation

Issue drilling 4 of 7 holes in the TopLegsFlatFace Setup, everything in Inspect looks to be on the same plane so dissimilar to another user's issue posted after the April 2023 update. Please have a look here: https://a360.co/2VURDNr 

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 4.48.43 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: MarkDGaal

I think the issue stems from the Fact that the holes are created in a different body(body23) and cut through to body 6, it seems like Fusion is getting confused as to where the hole actually is coming from.

Then you have the manufacturing model with the parts all in different orientations too which may be contributing.

Really all those bodies should have been created in their own components as the design history gets very messy and hard to fix when they are all in the top level of the file

EDIT: so to fix you could try creating the holes in body 6 separately from the holes in body 23

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: MarkDGaal

They are in fact not aligned, but by an insanely small amount:

2023-05-04_18h29_30.png

You should find this working properly in an upcoming release.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
MarkDGaal
in reply to: seth.madore

Ugh I see I didn't think to inspect like that. Okay annoying.... I discovered that the issue steamed from a sketch plane that I defined on the face of Body6. THEN, I subsequently changed the position of Body6 because of a really small out-of-zero issue which then caused the sketch plane for Body26 to be ****'ed ever so slightly. Fixed now thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums