Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CYCLE800 being used rather than (a90,a180 etc) siemens 840d

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mattydixon21
973 Views, 8 Replies

CYCLE800 being used rather than (a90,a180 etc) siemens 840d

trying to run a part on the 4th axis of my worplaces dugard eco1000 which uses the siemens 828d. I normally use the siemens 840d post processor however when I try and do a 4th axis operation it inputs a CYCLE800 cycle rather than using A values. I followed a guide on here of how to define the 4th axis by turning off the c axis etc but there was no instructions on how to go about editing this.. can anyone help ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Matty,

Did you get a solution for this? I am looking at the same problem.

Cheers

Message 3 of 9

Hi @mattydixon21. It has to do with rotated plane. If you only have an A axis, you need to edit your post. Have a look at the Haas with A axis post and copy some settings.

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 4 of 9

Hi has anyone managed to get a siemens 840D post working for a VMC with a 4th axis mounted on the right hand side? I managed to find a post but it does not work correctly for 4th axis simultaneous machining. It is ok for 3+1 work only. I tried edditting the generic post but could still not get this to work correctly. 

Message 5 of 9

I am in the same boat .... I have a solution for the 3+1 which works well, but not for the simultaneous 4th axis machining.

Friday I tried posting a 4th axis simultaneous tool path using the HAAS A-axis post and basically hand coding the necessary amendments to make it run on the Siemens control. It performed the motion correctly. But obviously this isn’t a solution, it just told me that it should be possible to get the right solution to work with the correct post processor modifications.
Message 6 of 9

Yes, have a look here

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/hsm-post-adjustments-needed-find-your-right-...

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 7 of 9

HI Chris

Did you every find a suitable solution to your 4th axis issue.?

i'm trying to create what i think is exactly the same set up.

3 axis VMC with a 4th axis mounted on the right hand side of the table,  siemens 828 control 

looking through the generic 840 post i can't see where to include the commands for the A axis "4th axis unit"

any help would be much appreciated .

Martin

Message 8 of 9

Hi Martin,

Yes I did get it going, @scottmoyse  and @gavbath  from CADPRO Systems helped me implement it 

Super helpful guys to have on your team 👍

Cheers

Message 9 of 9
sfreeth3A7U2
in reply to: mattydixon21

I am trying to mill on the table lathe on a vmc, Siemens 828d controller  i need to mill in both rotations. I have tried various Gcode adaptions, but I am not sure if the machine needs to be set for this? The machine seems to default in CW direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report