Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut angle into plywood

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shockwavecs
161 Views, 4 Replies

Cut angle into plywood

I'd like to cut a few angles into this sheet. I have the toolpath set to cut the contour out of the panel shown in the first photo. Afterwards I want to do a 45 degree angle along a few sides. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to create the toolpath. I have tried to get it right with a 2D contour and a 3D contour, but I am missing something. I was assuming that it would cut a series of left to right -or- front to back lines until it achieves the angle, whatever is most efficient on CNC.

I found this article, but it's showing that it will start with a plunge from furthest away from topsheet.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/problems-making-tool-paths-to-45-degree-in-fus...

Just for a little laugh / shop safety reminder ;

I do remember getting the toolpath working similar to the above link. The result was that the router11 with new 45 deg V bit plunged deep (like 15mm right away) and it took me about 10 extra seconds to turn off the machine. It caused an ember to enter my dust collection system. Lots of smoke started to pump out of it so I brought it outside. Learned how sawdust was quite the fire starter 😉 and now a fire extinguisher is part of my shop kit. I am/was a noob and did not fully understand the toolpath at the time. I am much better now at running simulations and attempting to 100% understand what I'm doing.

Photo1 - Shows the outline I will cut first. Next, I'll change the bit and continue on.
Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 9.30.31 AM.png

Photo2 - Not sure why it wants to cut it like this (2D contour)
Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 9.40.00 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: shockwavecs

Could you share your Fusion file here?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
shockwavecs
in reply to: seth.madore

Hey Seth

Thanks for the reply. Attached is the file

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Your file did not have any toolpaths or setups associated with it, so some of this is going to be a guess on my part. 

Take a look at the attached file and see if this answers your questions sufficiently 🙂

2023-06-19_10h46_04.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
shockwavecs

You nailed it 😉 thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums