Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a high feed tool in Fusion 360.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marcusCKN2E
129 Views, 5 Replies

Creating a high feed tool in Fusion 360.

Greetings!.

I've been struggling to properly make a tool that resembles the one linked below.

Anyone know how I go about it?

I've been planning to use it for a 3d adaptive clearing, so apparently a form mill won't do..

I've also tried making it a tapered mill (D:50,8, angle:14) but this results in the tool not milling properly.

Also I've tried making it a face mill with the same (D:50,8, angle:14), but that yields the same result as the tapered mill.

Tool:

https://www.iscar.com/eCatalog/item.aspx?cat=3323482&fnum=4182&mapp=ML&app=65&GFSTYP=M&isoD=1 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: marcusCKN2E

Normally you need to define it as a Bullnose endmill, and you use a "Programming Radius" value for the corner rad, but for some reason that value isn't listed on the Iscar website for that tool.

This one the Rg value is the "Programming radius"

alaasW8M6T_0-1697612958008.png

I use a Taegutec High Feed mill and the Programming radius is written on the back of the packet of inserts so possibly the Iscar one is the same?

Message 3 of 6
marcusCKN2E
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you for the response, had no idea that was a thing. I couldn't find any on the packet of inserts.

Since I had no idea programming radius was a thing, I didn't realize it said this on the page of the tool:

marcusCKN2E_0-1697615340681.png

How would I go about programming this? @a.laasW8M6T 

Message 4 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Ahh I missed it down there I was looking in the table

So assuming you are using the SOMT, you could set it something like this

The shaft dimensions are only approximate and aren't really critical, more for visals than anything

alaasW8M6T_0-1697617290063.pngalaasW8M6T_1-1697617313230.png

Message 5 of 6
marcusCKN2E
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you!

One more question tho.

With the tool just having a big radius instead of the angle of the tool, does this turn out the correct way still?

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

For roughing purposes, it turns out "mostly correct". There won't be any gouging of finish surfaces, but there will be small amounts of extra material left in corners. However, since a high-feed-mill is only intended for very course roughing, this shouldn't be too much of an issue for the subsequent semi-finish machining.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report