Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create T-Slot Cutter

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
rsreed
2827 Views, 21 Replies

Create T-Slot Cutter

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug within the tool creation module or something I'm just not getting, but when I try to create a custom t-slot cutter everything goes correctly as long as I don't try to edit the "shaft" tab settings.

ie: If the neck of the cutter was the same diameter as the shaft, the cutter displays somewhat properly. (fist screen shot) But on a cutter that has a .35" neck diameter and a .5" shaft diameter, if I use the "shaft diameter" setting in the "cutter" tab and set it to .35" and then try to set the "upper diameter" setting in the "shaft" tab, the display of the cutter increases the neck diameter. (shown in the 3rd & 4th screen shots). And, once I add a setting to the "shaft tab", it doesn't matter what number is entered into the "shaft diameter" on the "cutter" tab. I can enter 8" or .01" but the display doesn't change. So the simulation won't be accurate around the shaft.

Normally for a t-slot operation this shouldn't cause issue, since you would cut a groove first using a straight mill and then cut the t-slot. So as long as the "neck" of the t-slot cutter is long enough it wouldn't collide with the groove. This only really matters when the tolerances are tight (deeper t-slot) as I don't want to collide with the stock when cutting the slot.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
a.reissig
in reply to: infoG7PDM

but you can do that.

schaft.png

you need to set the same length for shoulder and flute length

shaft.png

you can modify it inside the shaft tap

not as comfortable but it works

regards Alexander

Message 22 of 22
seth.madore
in reply to: a.reissig

That method that you show is correct.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report