Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterbore hole not aligned when machined

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
chasinthehen
278 Views, 8 Replies

Counterbore hole not aligned when machined

I am machining a waste board for my CNC Router.  I have counterbore holes in the waste board.  I am using a Shapeoko 3XXL.  I have attached the gcode used and a picture of what I am experiencing.  Any idea what is causing this?

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: chasinthehen

Hi,

Please share the file for reply

File > export > save as f3d on local drive  > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 9
Rhensley32

here is the fusion file

Message 4 of 9
seth.madore

In your image, are you showing the feature that you machined, and then the feature that already exists in your table, and that the location is off?
This sounds like a WCS setting issue, either at the controller or in Fusion itself.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 9
Rhensley32
in reply to: seth.madore

The thru hole and counterbore pocket were machined all at once in the same program.  Here is a picture of another instance of it happening.

Message 6 of 9
seth.madore

Ok, so the thru hole is in the right location, but the counterbore is not.

I would suggest modifying your approach somewhat. Reduce your stepover in your Pocket toolpath as well as applying lead-in/out motion. I've attached a file that shows these improvements

As to the "why" it's doing this, I'm not entirely sure. It does sound like it may be post processor related. Are you using the generic post from the library (GRBL I assume?)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 9
Rhensley32

I am using this post processor

Message 8 of 9

If you run the drill program again after the pocket are they in the correct place? Or did the part just move at some point?

Message 9 of 9

if you rerun the hole part and it cuts more material then this is an issue with lost steps, probably due to a too high of a programmed feed rate. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums