Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Export Cutting Parameters to Tool Library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cahustonFPZWB
114 Views, 2 Replies

Copy/Export Cutting Parameters to Tool Library

Hello,

I'm looking to improve my workflow and I hope the functionality I'm after is available with Fusion. 

When working setting up a new part for CNC I will adjust feeds/speeds for an operation based on actual cutting performance. Is there an easy way to save these parameters back to the tool in the library? 

For example;

I create a contour finish pass using my library preset for finishing

When cutting I decide that I need to reduce feed so I make this change in the contour operation

How can I save this new feed to a library preset WITHOUT manually editing the tool?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: cahustonFPZWB

If you've adjusted the feed/speed at the toolpath level, you will notice that your Preset changes to "Custom". This doesn't generate a preset, so that speed and feed is localized to that toolpath and there's no method of easily extracting that information.

However, if you adjust the preset in the document tool, you CAN copy and paste presets, but this would require navigating to the appropriate library and tool and pasting them in.

We recognize that this is far from ideal and we have some ideas on how to improve this workflow, but it will be some time before we have anything further to share in this area.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

Seth, thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear your team is aware of how cumbersome the cutting parameter management is in Fusion. I look forward to seeing improvements 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report