Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the first cuts feedrate

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CNCfacile
164 Views, 4 Replies

Control the first cuts feedrate

When I work with 3D pocket clearing or 2D pocket the first cuts after the helical entry, the toolpath works with all tool diameter engagement also if I have select the stepover of 50% tool diameter, so i want ask if there is the possibility to add an option to decrease the feedrate only in the cuts where the tool diameter is all engagement.

Thank you!

Immagine.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: CNCfacile

You're looking for more of an "adaptive" feedrate control, where the feed will modulate based on engagement? Yeah, that's not currently possible in Fusion, although it's something we've discussed occasionally. We don't have immediate plans for such a feature, but something we can certainly revisit at some point in the future.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
CNCfacile
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes. The ideal as I have seen in other CAM, that they call it Performance milling, should be helical entry and the first cut with full diameter with low feedrate, after that the toolpath follow the boundary offset with 50% diameter and normal feedrate, and when the toolpath reach the internal angle use the waves like the adaptive clearing.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: CNCfacile

I've opened up CAM-48804 to investigate this request. I tool would like the option of defining a slower 100% engagement feedrate, hopefully it's something we can get looking into!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
CNCfacile
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you very much! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report