Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour selection is a nightmare

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tomQRBHJ
245 Views, 9 Replies

Contour selection is a nightmare

i have got this part that need this hole to be milled, the only problem is dat i can`t select it`s contour. when i do it`s says that it is a open chain. even when i draw my own hole elsewhere it keeps saying that it won`t have a selected contour.

Schermopname (54).png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: tomQRBHJ

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
tomQRBHJ
in reply to: seth.madore

yeah, no problem

Message 4 of 10
seth.madore

That file doesn't have any Setups or toolpath attempts in it. Would you have one that is more current?

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 10
tomQRBHJ

My apologies, this is a beginning it is maily the pocket of the part that is bothering me. i want to mill the hole first so that i can use the adaptive from the hole.

Message 6 of 10
seth.madore

After I recorded it, it occurred to me that you may not be fluent in English, my apologies for that...

Hopefully this sets you in the right direction?

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 10
tomQRBHJ

you are a life saver, thank you! for the englisch part, i can understand it perfectly but my grammar is not at it strongest...

Message 8 of 10
Tomas_V_cz

obrázek_2024-02-14_200321102.pngis there any reason why the hole cannot be selected as a contour?

I mean without pressing the chaining button.
Fusion selects the hole (a new concatenation is created), but the blue arrow does not appear and the edge of the hole does not change color.

If I press the chaining button, everything is fine. But it takes much longer (in the case of multiple holes, I have to constantly repeat the process, it is not possible to select multiple holes. And if so, I don't know how)otvo2.png

Message 9 of 10
programming2C78B

2D contous has no recognization. Try Circular or 2D pocket instead if you have a lot. 
You could also select an entire sketch 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 10 of 10

Yes, it is possible, but there is a limited operation setting. for example, it is not possible to go down with the plunge feed, set the approach angle, the height panel is also different there (the feed height is missing)... I understand it's for a certain type of operation, but I really don't understand this inconsistent approach in operations.

Sorry for the probably incorrect expressions, but it works in a non-English Fusion environment...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums