Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour program is drilling holes inside the cutout

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tedstone1
130 Views, 5 Replies

Contour program is drilling holes inside the cutout

I created simple toolpaths to cut out letters (contour) and pockets (adaptive) to inlay the top of small boxes.  It ran successfully numerous times with various different fonts but now has started drilling seemingly random holes in the letters.  The file and a picture are attached; any assistance in fixing this problem would be very much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: tedstone1

When I first open your file and Simulated Setup 26, I could see the holes being developed.  I re-generated the toolpath and this all seemed to disappear, at least in the simulation.  Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
tedstone1
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks John. When I ran your version, the simulation displays the font I'm trying to use (Rage Italic); however, the simulation shows the tool cutting out a completely different (more basic, plain) font. When I re-generated the toolpath, the simulation shows I'm back to having the same problem (cutting the Rage font but with multiple holes).  Rage Italic is a font that F360 accessed from Microsoft Word.

Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling

@tedstone1 Can you explode the text then share the file again? If the font is not on our system Fusion defaults back to Arial. You might want to try regenerating the toolpath after exploding as well as sometime the exploded text works.

HughesTooling_0-1698076349762.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
tedstone1

Here is the file with text exploded.  Still generating holes.  I also tried another font and generally had the same problem, albeit with fewer holes.

Message 6 of 6
HughesTooling

Well that is a really horrible font with lots of loops in the profile! I'm surprised Fusion even let you select it.

Here's one area where the profile creates loops where the toolpath will cut inside the profile just because it's maintaining the left side offset. All you can really do is edit the sketch and trim away all the loops.

Clipboard01.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report