Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continue Rest Machining Cannot Verify Stock that was tranfered

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
richardsalzman
425 Views, 7 Replies

Continue Rest Machining Cannot Verify Stock that was tranfered

I have seen this error message a number of times before.  I usually make sure select the model from the browser and the problem goes away.  This time I still get the same error message.  Any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks... Richard

richardsalzman_0-1720400642966.png

richardsalzman_1-1720400785964.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi

Its because you are selecting different bodies for the Two setups.

In the OG setup you have "Front MID"

in the next setup you have "Front MID Flip"

You cannot select two different bodies and have rest machining stock transfer.

I suspect you have don this to get the part on the same fixture plate for both OPs but you cannot do it this way.

The part must stay the same body and you insert another instance of the Fixture plate for the second OP

Message 3 of 8

Hello Andrew, 

Thanks for the Superman fast response!  I guess I am a bit confused with this process.  On a past project, I believe that I made copies of the part (Frame:1, Frame:2, Frame:33 etc.), and changed the origin as needed (see below and attached).

I am not following you with respect to "you insert another instance of the Fixture plate for the second OP".

Thanks... Richard

richardsalzman_0-1720404971833.png

Message 4 of 8

The reason it worked on the other ones is you weren't using "From preceding setup" for the Flip ops.

If you want to use from preceding setup you will have to change your approach, rather than  having separate bodies for one side then the other(they should be components), you should have one (Component), that stays stationary in the modeling environment and you move the Fixture(a copy of the fixture) around the part instead.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the great explanation of in effect moving the fixture plate around the part, instead of flipping the part around.  

Originally, I tried to use the insert derived to bring the bodies in, but when I tried to convert the bodies to components, I got an error saying you cannot convert an inserted derived body into a component. 

richardsalzman_0-1720420892812.png

How do I import a derived body and convert it to a component?  I think you mentioned in the video that you first create a component, then insert the derived body into this component.  Does this make sense?

Richard

Message 6 of 8

Hi

Create a component first, then while that component is active, use the insert derive.

That inserts the body into the component.

Think of a Component as a container, that has its own coordinate system.

Message 7 of 8

Got  it!  So should I create the fixture plate as a component instead of a body as well?

Thanks as always for all your help.  I have learned so much from your tips!

Richard

Message 8 of 8

Yes the fixture plate should probably be in a component too, as I mentioned, you cannot apply joints to bodies, only components.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report