Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compression bit configuration

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
patrickCCA97
189 Views, 3 Replies

Compression bit configuration

I have an Amana Tool 46017-K I'm working with and I'm also using the tool as defined by them in the tool library. LOVE THAT !

https://www.amanatool.com/46017-k-cnc-solid-carbide-spektratm-extreme-tool-life-coated-compression-s...

The upcut tip portion of the bit 7mm according to the dimension on the Amana Tool website. I'm going to be working with 3/4" plywood (ApplePly) which has nice faces on both sides.

I have read that when using a compression bit to do contours where you will also be through cutting, you should always plunge "at least as deep as the upcut section" (7mm in my case) so the top edge is mostly interacting with the downcut section.

Where do I specify this behavior in the the milling operation?
Is there any general guidance on if I should use the specific length of the upcut or that plus some additional tolerance. I was thinking of adding 0.1mm but not sure if its necessary.

Thanks!

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: patrickCCA97

You can define that in your Passes tab (preferred) under the "Multiple Depths Cut", or in the Heights tab (less preferred) by setting your Top height to "Model Bottom + 7.1mm offset"

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
patrickCCA97
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi @seth.madore,

Thanks for the quick reply. Would I specify that as my Max Roughing Stepdown, like so:

patrickCCA97_0-1609436766400.png

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: patrickCCA97

Yep, but double check your heights in Simulation and adjust as needed.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report