Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collision detected while threading

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
450 Views, 2 Replies

collision detected while threading

I have been trying to cam operation to the workpiece but for some reason, while performing turning thread operation to the job collision are occurring while doing a simulation of the operation. 

I tried it with different models and different parameters but am unable to avoid the collision. It seems to be happening with other users from youtube also as I tried to follow their guidelines for flawless execution.

you can find the part under data panel>Cam samples>Tutorials>Tutorial6

donthy238_1-1620066284446.png

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You are starting thread from back side and driving tool in rapid mode into solid stock.

You cannot fade beginning of threads so you must start cutting from front using left hand tool and running stock CCW.

Simulation still shows crash at the end of each pass but that's known bug in Fusion.

If you don't have left hand threading tool. use right hand threading bar rotated 180 degrees in holder.

That I cannot define in Fusion but basically it is oriented just like left hand turning tool, insert pointing up and running with CCW spindle rotation.

2021-05-03 11_58_22-Window.png

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah, just noticed you are a student ,.... so assuming you are just learning the programming stage of it?

I made depth of threads 1mm just to show some thread depth, not actual specs.

Also 29.5 degree infeed angle is called "modified infeed", tool primarily cuts with leading edge of insert and .5 degree difference from tool angle results in trailing edge kissing back wall of a thread as too progresses deeper, making full 60 degree profile on last pass.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report