Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNC Machining showing 2 Stocks ( Help )

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chrisLQS8B
165 Views, 7 Replies

CNC Machining showing 2 Stocks ( Help )

Hi all, 

I’m experiencing 2 stocks when I carry over my last cut stock using rest machining.  No doubt I’m causing this but I can’t solve it.  Also never seems to verify the stock transfer.

Picture below, The green stock is correct and what I’m after but the yellow stock is in the last cut location and only available to select when trying to add strategy’s.

IMG_4721.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: chrisLQS8B

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
chrisLQS8B
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi @seth.madore please see attached file

Message 4 of 8
seth.madore

A quick look of your file and the first question I have is "what exactly is your plan with the 4 manufacturing models you've created"?

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 8
chrisLQS8B
in reply to: seth.madore

I was using them as a visual for the cnc Simulation in the vice. Is there a better way of doing this? I had seen people taking about this in videos before. Happy to be shown the correct way 🙂
Message 6 of 8
dlewis1000

This has to do with how your manufacturing models are set up. Between the two ops in question your part is sitting at two different orientations. I could be wrong but in my experience if you want to use rest machining in the setup, the part can not move between ops. If the part moves between ops you have to export stock as STL and import that for the next setup. 

I personally never use manufacturing models as it's still a relatively new feature in fusion. I model all my stuff in the design environment in container components. The part would be grounded and never move unless I'm doing something with multiple parts setup at the same time. 

dlewis1000_0-1712092463084.png

Message 7 of 8
seth.madore

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 8
seth.madore

Oh, and here's the file I was showing if you're curious what my steps were

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report