Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Tool Library in Team Environment not Saving User Defaults

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bmaddenRJCGZ
226 Views, 5 Replies

Cloud Tool Library in Team Environment not Saving User Defaults

Swapped over from working in the single user storage to a Team and all the tool path settings no longer save after you save to user default.  I can't figure out how to get it to save.

Also when creating a new tool path the old behavior was also to automatically select the previously used tool for that toolpath and I can't figure out how to make it do that again.  For example if I had a probe routine in a previous setup, after I make another probing routine in a new setup it used to automatically select that same tool again.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: bmaddenRJCGZ

@seth.madore Tag!  You're it!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

Hmm. I don't quite know if I can direct you on this one, as I've not encountered that, nor (in recent memory) recall other users encountering this.

You do have Cloud Libraries turned on, right?

As far as I'm aware, the "suggested tool" should work as expected.

Have you tried logging out and back in again? Are you certain you've logged in with the correct credentials?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
jeff.pek

I have no idea how switching to a Team could have these side effects.

it can take some time for changes in defaults to be saved -- or there could be some sort of problem updating the cloud storage for the defaults. Diagnostic logs would be useful to look for this sort of thing.

As far as the default tool, this, certainly, shouldn't be affected by being in a Team. I can only think that it's deciding that the previous operation's tool isn't appropriate for the operation being created, and so doesn't set it. Would need more details -- maybe you can show a video of this behavior?

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
kmaddenVFQJ3
in reply to: jeff.pek

Most of what I checked this morning seems to be working as it used too.

One that isn't is the Override Driving WCS setting.  Its still being pretty weird, on one laptop with the other account it will retain that check box, but on the account I'm using on this PC it won't do it.  For the past week or so it wouldn't do it on either for any sort of setting.  

The not auto selecting previous tools was the most annoying thing and that seemed to resolve on its own.

I attached a video of that check box not checking itself for the probe settings.

Message 6 of 6
kmaddenVFQJ3
in reply to: kmaddenVFQJ3

This still isn't working as it used too.

Not being able to rely on the user defaults makes the team environment functionally useless for me.  I was trying to improve workflow, but having to double check things I haven't had to look at in years is getting pretty annoying.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report