Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on 2D Bore cycles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
programming2C78B
140 Views, 2 Replies

Clarification on 2D Bore cycles

1) Why does it machine the helix at the feed rate, and not the ramp rate? This is annoying when you want to ramp/rough at one speed, then do the finish pass at a slower one.

2) No finish rate. Same as above. 

3)No keep tool down. Not sure why it needs to raise to the clearance height before cutting the final circle? Is it because it applies Tool Comp to the entire cut, and not just the finishing pass?

4) Why don't the values of DOC/Angle match/correlate? If I set the pitch to 3*, it will still toggle to the default .039"/1mm as a DOC. I want to see, numerically, if the angle I set is actually working properly (think of very small spirals) and matching a DOC I have in mind. 

5) Thanks

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

bump

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 3

I mean you should be controlling for internal circular / external circular feed anyways. I have a calculator I use and always manually set the feed rate to what's needed to approximate the bore dia realative to effective cutter diameter, otherwise you won't be on size and need to comp different amounts for every different bore, and running cutter comp on a 1/4" endmll for a 3/8" bore and a 1/2" bore in the same Setup would require different comp values vs adjusting for feed would only need one comped value that would work for all

I template my known good bores for common diameters and insert them in, that way the feed is locked properly to the dia I am cutting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report